The S1 TURBO was the first portable XRF analyzer to include Bruker’s XFlash® Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) technology which offers count rates and resolution far superior to traditional SiPIN detector technology. This means even faster analysis times – 2-5 second alloy grade ID’s and 5 seconds for elemental chemical analysis (excluding light elements). That’s about five times faster than previous generations.
The S1 TURBO is available in two configurations, the S1 TURBOSD and the S1 TURBOSDLE. Both use Bruker’s innovative X-Flash® SDD detector to give you incredibly fast analysis times. The S1 TURBOSD uses a durable aluminized Kapton® window that can be used for hot samples up to 500 C. The S1 TURBOSDLE uses a thin film Ultralene® window which allows detection of light elements such as Mg, Al and Si- without the need for vacuum or helium flush. In addition, the S1 TURBO can be configured with calibrations that are optimized for a variety of sample materials- including a wide range of alloys and various mining & environmental soil samples.
– Superior count rates and resolution (compared to previous generation SiPIN instruments)
– Five times faster than previous generations
– Lower detection limits
– Easy analysis of light elements, such as magnesium, aluminum and silicon, without the need for vacuum or helium atmosphere (S1 TURBOSD LE only)
– Grade library includes low alloy steel, tool steel, stainless steel, nickel alloys, cobalt alloys, copper alloys, aluminum alloys, titanium alloys, zirconium alloys and tungsten alloys
– Available calibrations include: Empirical alloy, FP alloy, mining, limestone/cement, soil, and customer specific.